SolarEdge Inverter Introduction
SolarEdge inverters are reliable and efficient. As these inverters are specifically designed to operate in conjunction with SolarEdge optimisers, locating faults is different if you have optimisers as part of your solar photovoltaic array.
The maximum power point tracking (MPPT) and voltage management are operated for each module individually by the power optimiser if it is in the system. If you have a SolarEdge inverter, rather than another brand, then that will handle any fault tracking.
If installed correctly by a SolarEdge professional installer, any SolarEdge error codes displayed are probably going to be identifying an external error. SolarEdge inverters also have built-in safety features which function to prevent the system from having a – potentially expensive – critical failure. In summary: many error codes alert you to external circumstances that may be influencing your inverter’s performance. They are notifying you of this event so you can take action, and/or contact ESE Group on 0151 665 0560 so our expert technicians can remedy this issue and swiftly return your system to optimum functionality.
Easy Steps To Diagnose Your SolarEdge Error Codes:
Firstly, gather any information regarding the issue, and include your site ID and inverter serial number. Ensure that your inverter is online and connected to Wi-Fi.
If you are having problems connecting the inverter’s Wi-Fi, follow this simple procedure:
- Download the ‘My Solar Edge’ app, if you don’t have it installed already.
- Select ‘Inverter communication’ mode.
- Select ‘Configure’.
- Select ‘Connect with WPS’ or choose your home network from the networks listed.
- Put in your password, then select ‘Join’.
If this procedure fails, please reboot the system as below, then retry the connection.
Rebooting The System
- Switch off AC isolator
- Switch off DC isolator
- Switch off Wi-Fi modem/router for 10-20 seconds and then turn it back on (modem reset)
- Switch on DC isolator
- Switch on AC isolator
- Leave the system for 15 minutes to attain full performance
Then you can try to reconnect to the Wi-Fi troubleshooting. If this doesn’t work, then you need to contact ESE Group for technical assistance on 0151 665 0560.
SolarEdge Troubleshooting – Basic Procedure
- Record the error code number or numbers displayed on the inverter and note if the inverter is a single or three-phase unit. Ensure you have your site number and inverter serial number to hand.
- Contact ESE Group Technical Support on 0151 665 0560 or click here to reach us online.
SolarEdge Inverter Troubleshooting Conclusion
SolarEdge inverters are usually reliable. If an error code is displayed, then the most likely course of action needed is to contact ESE Group so our technical staff can assist you in returning your system to its optimal state. Phone us on 0151 665 0560 or click here to reach us online.